Sunday 11 November 2012

Resada, California 1981


Recorded at the country club in Resada this is one of the last of the 'Fire of Unknown origin' tour dates. It was broadasted via satellite so thankfully we have a great sounding show.
For me this is another of my TOP shows. The track listing has remained pretty standard throughout and this album really does sound like ETL. At first hearing 'Red and the black sounds IDENTICAL to the ETL version. But it's not.upon further listens i had to really double take on it and listen VERY carefully and there's literally a couple of notes that are different. That is amazing for a band to 
play that good.
An alternative cover is below.



The other big thing about this show is cof course the last track 'Roadhouse Blues' has Robbie Kreiger on it and it is the version on ETL.
When I first heard the ETL version (some 25+ years ago!!) I always loved the track. I'm a fan of the Doors and have many of their shows too, but for me this version by BOC is the very best (although Spit Club, California 1981-comes a close second). I know some fans don't like it and would have preferred the album to have a couple more of 'BOC' tunes on it rather than a 9 minute cover, but personally I think they made the right decision.Even though it HAS been edited, changed albiet very slightly on ETL
I also thought when listening to ETL that the crowd was amazing and it must have been a 20,000 strong crowd. Imagine my suprise when I finally saw the webcast and the track to see the actual crowd size of just a couple of thousand.
Here is the full track listing..

CD 1. 46:57
1. Dr. Music (3:42)
2. E.T.I. (5:18)
3. Hot Rails to Hell (4:54)
4. The Red & the Black (4:36)
5. Cities on Flame (6:04)
6. Joan Crawford (5:24)
7. Burnin’ for You (5:01)
8. Veteran of the Psychic Wars (8:31)
9. ME 262 (3:27)
CD 2. 33:43
1. Godzilla (11:07)
2. Bass Solo (3:13)
3. Born to be wild (8:12)
4. (Don’t Fear) the Reaper (6:59)
5. Heavy Metal (4:12)
6. Roadhouse Blues (9:12) - Removed from many versions due to it being on ETL. I simply added it back on mine, to complete the show!!

So here for you now is:
'Roadhouse Blues' featuring 'Robbie Kreiger' of 'The Doors' playing LIVE at the Resada 1981...See if you can find the differences to the ETL version!!


1 comment:

  1. Actually, some tracks from the Reseda show which is a Night on the Road radio show are taken from the MTV Hollywood Florida show which is the basis of most of ETL.
    That's why they seem so identical. They really are.

    ReplyDelete